Wool Hunt at Gladstone’s Library, Hawarden, near Chester on the Welsh border.
Dates: May 4th – 7th, 2019
Accommodation: Gladstone’s Library.
Bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Relax in the garden, weather permitting, or in the Common Room.
3 nights, breakfast and dinner included.
- Saturday 4th May: Meet for tea in the garden. Relax and knit! (Check-in from 2pm)
- Sunday 5th May: Visit to a yarn warehouse, with many bargains and ends of lines then onto Black Sheep Wool for a workshop with Sasha Kagan. She will teach us how to knit cats and dogs to make up a blanket. Yarn and pattern provided. The workshop will be held at Black Sheep Wool, where we have a light lunch and an opportunity to see the huge range of yarns and kits available in their shop. Back to Gladstone’s Library for dinner —then relaxing with knitting or reading in the Library.
- Monday 6th May: Visit Chrissy Smith at the Lost Sheep Wool Company. You can choose a fleece and have it spun on request. Chrissy co-operates with local farmers and produces and stocks Welsh wool. Then onto Llandudno, an architecture jewel. A walk along the prom (a suitable activity for a bank holiday) buy a stick of rock and back to Gladstone’s Library. Dinner and relaxation (some might venture out to the pub).
- Tuesday 7th May (Morning): After breakfast visit Chester Wool Company a wholesaler of un-dyed yarns, we will be able to access the whole range.
- Depart: Sad to leave all our new-found friends behind, but glad to be home and start knitting the yarns.
Cost: £625 (including £100 donation to Knit for Peace) 3 nights accommodation (all ensuite rooms, breakfast and dinner); includes transport to and from visits and Sasha Kagan workshop.
Non residential: £145 a day (including £35 donation to Knit for Peace). Download a booking form by clicking here, which you can e-mail to email@example.com or send to us in the post (address linked here). You can also use the contact form below to register your interest.
For any other enquiries, please e-mail or call 020 7794 9835.